Monday 5 December 2016

KindergarDen

I was home for few days and it being against my nature to just laze around, I decided to go back to indulging in what i find most exhilarating - revamping, an area, a corner of the house, a plant or just a pot!

Being an internet savvy person, it made sense to look for some ideas on the net. Predictably, i ended up on Pinterest, which has no dearth of inspiration. What caught my eye was this colourful picture [Figure 1] saved from boredart.com :

 Figure1

Being an avid fan of container gardening and a lover of terracotta, did not let me look any further. I knew what I had to do in my fursat ke do pal! So here is a detailed version of what followed next.

I had a stack of old, unused, terracotta pots lying in the store, collected on different pretexts - mostly religious ceremonies. I chose five of them, ensuring variation in shape and size. This is how they looked before I got on job. [Figure 2]


Figure 2

I decided to go for some bright colours- yellow and orange (aah you know how we Indians have this fondness for tadak-bhadak!) but purposely avoided green and red as it would then become very stereotypical! I chose the 2 shades of blue instead and stuck to brown for the fifth pot. I used fabric paint. Before painting, it helps to soak the pots in a water else it dries up the paint the moment it is applied upon. Once done, the pots had had a "makeover" in the truest sense! [Figure 3]


Figure 3

These pots were ready to enhance the beauty of any surrounding they were put in. They could be used on your study table to hold your pens and stationary items, on your dresser to stack your brushes and lotions or on the kitchen shelves as spoon n ladle holders! But my passion being making pots and growing plants in them, this is exactly what I did next. I planted them, ensuring different foliage and colour of plants for the five pots, and let them soak in a little sun till they found their roots in the new place. [Figure 4]


Figure 4

The plants were essentially low-maintenance ones which needed just a hint of sunlight to put their chlorophyll to use. So I could now move them to anywhere in the house and add some colour to the surroundings. I had this perfect place for them in my mind - a teakwood console table lying in the corner of a room, by the window! It being brownish red only made matters worse for me. Its solid presence always reminded me of that strict headmaster sitting in a corner of the hall, who had nothing interesting about him but his presence alone was enough to restrict others from smiling. So it was time to cheer "him" up! I tried putting just two of the "students" to this arduous task first. [Figure 5]


Figure 5

They did manage to bring some colour to "his" expressionless state but I realised it made them a little nervous. So to empower them enough I decided to let the whole "class" pounce upon "him" and the result is for you to see! [Figure 6].


Figure 6

Needless to say, it is one of the happiest corners of my home now. The mundane "school" is now a bubbly and cheerful kindergarten or rather I should say kindergarDen! :)

©Fursatnama 


PS: Please don't forget to give your feedback through your comments. It will help me in many ways. If you like it do share and follow. :)

15 comments:

  1. Amazing. Mind if I borrow some of your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ufff I would love it! And would feature it right here! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a lovely transformation...and how neatly you've explained it. Nailed it and the headmaster perfectly! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...the table did remind me of that! Thank you Ritu...am glad you liked it! Hugz! :)

      Delete
  4. เค•เคฒाเค•ाเคฐ เคนो เค†เคช :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. เค•เคฒाเค•ाเคฐ เคนो เค†เคช :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. เคนाเคนा...เคช्เคฐोเคค्เคธाเคนเคจ เค•े เคฒिเค เคถुเค•्เคฐिเคฏा เคถिเค–ा!

      Delete
  6. Beauty scattered all around your KindergarDen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ! May this kindergarden flourish and spread the colours around. Kudos to you ! Theeffort in setting up the kindergarden and the effort in putting it in words for all of us ! Grand Applause !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Preet for the good wishes! Aiming to post one post per day, for sometime to come. Do check them out and let me know your views.

      Delete
  8. An art lover par excellence... so beautifully put together..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful.. I just just loved each one of the


    Cheers,
    Vasudha
    Http://vsomayaji.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete